Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waiting For Her Brave 14 X 11



I started a series called " Honoring Native American Women" a while ago and then got distracted and haven't finished it.But it is still something I WILL finish because I started it to really honor my mother who was Cherokee and Irish ,she was born in 1900 and the Native American people were still very discriminated against and since her last name was Irish they just claimed to be Irish to avoid discrimination.I look very Irish but have always said my heart I Cherokee and I love and respect the Native American people.So I have studied their history and my series depicts the women doing things they naturally did in every day life.Native American women were very respected and honored by their people.

I have been thinking about the series and getting back to it and that inspired me to do this maiden. I hope you like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment